To Her Progeny

Patty left her progeny a hand written record of her words for them to live by.

On November 20, 1876 she wrote:
I here say to all my children and my grand children and great grand children etc-etc and to all others I have been punc- tual to my word I never have given my note to any one Neither have I had any acounts on any Books in any store I have kept out of debt Paid my taxes my fast my donations. and my tithing willingly of the best I have. and the Lord has blesed me and Prospered me in all I have done for which I feel very Thankful. hoping he will continue to bless me while I live both Spiritually and temporally, with all that shall be for my good and his Glory to give unto me I am now almost eighty two years old february next 4th I drink no tea nor coffee nor spiritous liquors I dont smoke nor take snuff nor any poisonous medicines. I use consecrated oil for my complaints. Now I say to you do as I have done and as much better as you can and the Lord will bless you as he has me

-Patty Sessions



No comments:

Post a Comment